* Arrowhead Asset Management is currently only taking new clients who want fossil fuel free investments. Exceptions can be made for referrals by existing clients, client family members, or select interested parties.
With offices in Wimberley, Texas, Arrowhead Asset Management (AAM) is a fee-only money management service offering performance-proven, risk-managed retirement plans and investment accounts for individuals, families, and small business owners - as well as institutional investment plans for higher education professionals in central Texas.
Our primary "broker" custodian is the discount entity and no-load mutual fund company Fidelity Investments - which offers custodial money management services for (1) IRA and discount brokerage accounts and (2) the various well used employer retirement plans.
For limited variable annuity use, we currently only work with the low-expense, no surrender-penalty variable annuity company Jefferson National Life. Annuities should primarily be used only in after-tax only investment programs, and for clients in high tax brackets. In particular, Jefferson National Life offers a "new school" very low expense, multi-fund variable annuity with no surrender penalties or hidden charges.
Investors deserve to be treated honestly and intelligently
The Benefits of being an Arrowhead Asset Management client:
1) receive objective investment advice - unencumbered by the bias and performance-eroding effect of costly advisor commission compensation (still promoted by the "old guard" Wall Street firms and insurance company brokerage model);
2) pay no unnecessary or undisclosed fees, hidden charges, and high cost management expenses, which inversely affect investment performance;
3) retain control of your investment assets by avoiding "surrender-penalty" brokerage products and insurance annuities that are expensive, illiquid, and generally ineffective in today's on-demand investment environment.
Economically Responsible Investments
Whenever possible, Arrowhead Asset Management primarily invests in mutual funds and companies providing products or services that have incorporated the following economic and social attributes into their business model:
1) Investments in companies and bonds that focus on strong, sustainable profits - while simulteneously integrating a corporate policy that strives to enhance the quality of our culture and society.
2) Whenever possible, fossil fuel free investments in ETFs, mutual funds, and individual companies, including sector investments in industries and companies making a concerted effort to reduce their carbon footprint and negative environmental impact, an effort based on fact-based sincerity and action.
3) Companies that treat their employees with respect and dignity, who pay their employees adequately - so they do not need government welfare, which ultimately forces tax-paying citizens to subsidize a company's profits (aka "corporate welfare").
4) Companies that demonstrably respect the equality of race, gender, social diversity - and the ethical treatment of animals.
5) Companies that promote a healthy or "neutral" lifestyle, which include investments generally free of obesity-inducing products & services, as well as companies that do not engage in addiction profiteering - alcohol, pornography, gambling, and the new recreational marijuana industry (except for medical purposes) and gambling.
6) Arrowhead Asset Management will not invest in companies that provide products or services for aggressive military interventions - or companies that provide hardware and services to repressive or inhumane foreign regimes.
* It is important to note that when investing in publicly-traded companies, the company's primary business objective is to "make a profit for shareholders." As a result, it is the responsibility of the investor (along with his or her investment advisor), to monitor and moderate the often cavalier "profit at any cost" attitude that has become too commonplace in today's Wall Street and global corporate systems worldwide.
Risk-Managed Investments Using Quantitative Analysis Tools
Unlike many investment advisors who promote a passive "buy and hold, trust the stock market" asset allocation philosophy of money management, our investment strategy focuses on achieving above-average investment returns using a risk-managed money management approach combining both fundamental investment analysis and successful quantitative analysis strategies.
Arrowhead Asset Management eschews both the "lazy" (1) passive management investment style of "age/risk-based asset allocation" models and (2) the contradictory philosophy that investment risk can be primarily reduced by diversification. In fact, "diversification" is often a money management ruse used by investment advisors to get client money into their investment firm - and then ignore the investment portfolio thereafter).
If you would like to have Rocky Boschert of Arrowhead Asset Management speak to a group or write an article for a relevant financial publication, please contact him by email at the contact link.
We encourage you to review the various links throughout this website, including our current information articles, to get more practical information and insight about what constitutes a sane and informative money management & investment philosophy.