* Arrowhead Asset Management is currently taking new clients only through referral by existing clients, client family members, or very select interested parties.
With offices in Wimberley, Texas, Arrowhead Asset Management (AAM) is a fee-only money management service offering performance-proven, risk-managed retirement plans and investment accounts for individuals, families, and small business owners - as well as institutional investment plans for higher education professionals in central Texas.
Our primary "broker" custodian is the discount brokerage firm Fidelity Investments - which offers institutional money management services for (1) IRA and discount brokerage accounts and (2) the various employer-sponsored retirement programs i.e. 403(b) and 401(k) plans.
For limited variable annuity use, we currently only work with the low-expense, no surrender-penalty variable annuity company Nationwide Life Insurance Company (NWLIC). Nationwide Life offers a very low expense, multi-fund annuity with no surrender penalties or hidden charges, called "Monument.
* Annuities should only be used in after-tax investment programs for clients in high tax brackets.
Investor clients are assumed to be intelligent and want to be informed
The Benefits of being an Arrowhead Asset Management client:
1) you receive objective investment advice - unencumbered by the bias and performance-eroding effect of costly advisor commission compensation;
2) you pay no unnecessary or undisclosed fees, hidden charges, and high cost management expenses, which inversely affect investment performance;
3) you retain control of your investment assets by avoiding "surrender charge" brokerage products and insurance annuities that are expensive, illiquid, and generally ineffective in today's investment environment.
Economically Responsible Investments
When logistically feasible, Arrowhead Asset Management primarily invests in ETFs, mutual funds and individual companies providing problem-solving products or services that incorporate sane economic and social attributes into their business model:
1) Companies with strong, sustainable profits - simultaneously integrating a corporate policy that strives to enhance the quality of our culture and society.
2) Whenever possible, fossil fuel free investments, including sectors, industries and companies making a concerted effort to reduce their carbon footprint and negative environmental impact, an effort based on fact-based science and sincere corporate action.
3) Companies that treat their employees with respect and dignity, who pay their employees adequately - so they will not need government welfare, which ultimately forces tax-paying citizens to subsidize a company's profits (aka "the Wal-Mart effect").
4) Companies that demonstrably respect race, gender, age, and religious diversity - including the ethical treatment of animals.
5) Companies that promote a healthy lifestyle, including investments largely free of obesity-inducing products & services. We also try to avoid companies that engage in addiction profiteering - alcohol, pornography, gambling, and opioid pharmaceuticals.
6) Arrowhead Asset Management will not invest in companies that manufacture and provide products or services for imperial military interventions - including companies providing technology and services to repressive foreign regimes.
* A publicly-traded company's primary business objective is to "make a profit for shareholders." As a result, it is ultimately the responsibility of an investment advisor to monitor and moderate the "profit at any cost" attitude that is too commonplace in today's global corporate systems worldwide.
Risk-Managed Investments Using Quantitative Analysis Tools
Unlike many investment advisors who promote a passive "buy and hold, trust the stock market" asset allocation philosophy of money management, our investment strategy focuses on achieving above-average investment returns using a risk-managed money management approach combining both fundamental investment analysis and successful quantitative analysis strategies.
Arrowhead Asset Management rejects both the (1) passive management investment style of "age/risk-based asset allocation" models and (2) the contradictory philosophy that investment risk can only be reduced by diversification. In reality, "diversification" is often a money management marketing word used by investment advisors to get client money into their investment firm - and then ignore the on-going management of the investment portfolio thereafter.
We encourage you to review the various links throughout this website - including our current information articles - to get more practical information and insight about what constitutes a sane and informative money management & investment philosophy.