* Arrowhead Asset Management is currently taking new clients only through referral by existing clients, client family members, or select interested parties - with a minimum of $250,000 of investable assets (except for existing client extended family members.
With offices in Wimberley, Texas, Arrowhead Asset Management (AAM) is a fee-only money management service offering performance-proven, risk-managed retirement plans and investment accounts for individuals, families, and small business owners - as well as institutional investment plans for higher education professionals in central Texas.
Our primary "broker" custodian is the discount brokerage firm Fidelity Investments - which offers institutional money management services for (1) IRA and discount brokerage accounts and (2) the various employer-sponsored retirement programs i.e. 403(b) and 401(k) plans.
For limited variable annuity use, we currently only work with the low-expense, no surrender-penalty variable annuity company Nationwide Life Insurance Company (NWLIC). Nationwide Life offers a very low expense, multi-fund annuity with no surrender penalties or hidden charges, called "Monument.
* Annuities should only be used in after-tax investment programs for clients in tax brackets of 22% or higher!
Investor clients are assumed to be intelligent and want to be informed
The Benefits of being an Arrowhead Asset Management client:
1) receive objective investment advice - unencumbered by the bias and performance-eroding effect of costly advisor commission compensation;
2) pay no unnecessary or undisclosed fees, hidden charges, and high cost management expenses, which inversely affect investment performance;
3) retain control of your investment assets by avoiding "surrender charge" brokerage products and insurance annuities that are expensive, illiquid, and generally ineffective in today's investment environment.
Economically Responsible Investments
When logistically feasible, Arrowhead Asset Management makes every effort to only invest in ETFs, mutual funds and individual companies that provide problem-solving products or services that incorporate sane economic and social attributes into their business model:
1) Solid, well managed companies with strong, sustainable profits - simultaneously integrating a corporate policy that strives to enhance the quality of our culture and society.
2) We ideologically avoid "dirty energy" fossil fuel investments, focusing wholly on investing in sectors, industries and companies making a concerted effort to reduce their carbon footprint and negative environmental impact - based on fact-based science and sincere corporate governance policies.
3) To the best of our research abilities, we only invest in companies that treat their employees with respect and dignity, who pay their employees adequately - so they will not need government welfare, which ultimately forces tax-paying citizens to subsidize a company's profits (aka "the Wal-Mart effect").
4) Companies that demonstrably respect race, gender, age, and religious diversity - including the ethical treatment of animals.
5) Companies that promote a healthy social and cultural lifestyle, including investments largely free of obesity-inducing products & services. We make every effort to avoid companies that engage in addiction profiteering - alcohol, pornography, gambling, opioids, and unnecessary "lifestyle" pharmaceuticals; and
6) Arrowhead Asset Management will also not invest in companies that manufacture and provide products or services for offensive military interventions - including war profiteering companies and private contractors - providing technology and services to repressive foreign regimes.
7) Arrowhead Asset Management will not invest in politically-dysfunctional companies that directly or indirectly promotes or encourages white supremacy and/or LBGTQ hate violence.
8) Arrowhead Asset Management will use our charitable giving donation only to organizations that actively exposes and challenges multicultural hate, political corruption, and the abuse of animals.
* A publicly-traded company's primary business objective is to "make a profit for shareholders." As a result, it is ultimately the responsibility of one's investment advisor to monitor and moderate a "profit at any cost" business model that is too commonplace in today's global corporate systems worldwide.
Using Quantitative Analysis Tools To Select Risk-Averse Investments
Unlike investment advisors who promote a passive "buy and hold, trust the stock market" asset allocation philosophy of money management, our investment strategy focuses on achieving above-average, lower risk investment returns using a money management approach combining both fundamental investment analysis and sophisticated quantitative analysis strategies.
Arrowhead Asset Management rejects both the (1) passive management investment style of "age/risk-based asset allocation" models and (2) the contradictory philosophy that investment risk can only be reduced by diversification.
In reality, "diversification" is often a money management marketing word used by investment advisors to get client money into their investment firm - and then ignore the on-going management of the investment portfolio thereafter.
We encourage you to review the various links throughout this website - including our current information articles - to get more practical information and insight about what constitutes a sane and informative money management & investment philosophy.